One of the most essential safety features that your vehicles have is your rear-view and side mirrors. Without these mirrors, you could only see a part of the roadway whenever your chances of a collision would increase rapidly. While viewing from upwards and side to side every few seconds might be kind of awkward for beginners, developing the correct habit of utilizing your mirrors should be your first priority. Before you start hitting the road, you should adjust your rearview and side mirrors for you to obtain clear visibility. Because of this, Lowell Auto School will be providing you the following tips for you to properly adjust your mirrors and to have a clear vision while hitting the road:
- Sit in the driver’s seat. Place the steering wheel and seat so that you’re comfortable and have access to the accelerator, brake pedal, and gear shift.
- Slowly move the rearview mirror for you to directly see past the middle of your back windshield without moving your head. The goal here is to position your mirrors in a way that you can easily take a quick glance from the road behind or in front of you without the need of turning your body.
- Locate the buttons or levers that adjust the side mirrors. A lot of newer vehicle models now have a small joystick or lever on the side door of the driver, which automatically adjusts the side mirrors. Meanwhile, older models usually need you to adjust them manually by pressing on the mirror itself or using a lever.
- Adjust the side mirror of the driver first. Create some adjustments to it and then try to sit back the driver’s seat to make sure that you’re able to see the small sliver of the side of your car and you the road behind you.
- Then, adjust the side mirror of the passenger. If you need to manually adjust it, you might have to move between the driver’s and passenger’s seats until it is adjusted properly.
- After you’ve adjusted all mirrors, sit in the driver’s seat and try to look at them as you begin with the driver’s side mirror. You must view everything behind you in parts while you are glancing along.
Now that you already know how to adjust your mirrors and how to have clear visibility while on the road, the next thing you need to know is to determine particular driving circumstances that would require you to utilize your mirrors.
Those are only a few of many tips you can get from our website about the basics of becoming a driver and much more topics about driver’s education. If you want to know more information or if you want to enroll for a private driving lesson before you start hitting the road, you can visit Lowell Driving School now and inquire. You can keep on visiting our website to be updated for the latest trends, tips, and information we can get to serve our clients better.